Maxi, Medium, Mini and Micro; SPACE is ever evolving as our modern culture redefines itself. Shelter size is not; however, what defines us. Simply noted, SPACE to breathe in our full capacity to:
- THINK or rather identify creative possibilities for work & lifestyle goals
- FEEL then shape the moment to attract our passion & vision for personal, family and professional fulfillment
- MOVE then manifest each collaboration which unfolds community expression within business, entertainment and building positive change for now and tomorrow
Establishing this productive SPACE and maintaining it has everything to do with our awareness of what SPACE is and how we relate to it. Metaphorically, SPACE is our life’s canvas. It combines the inner space of who we are with the outer space of how and where we exist.
it exists between all things seen, unseen or imagined
SPACE relates to
time, thought, speech, music, math, architecture, landscapes, astral bodies, personal freedom & more.
- Developing new color combinations similar to the pastel pink soils of Italian coastlines dropping off into the light blue Mediterranean Sea (2016 Pantone’s color of the year).
- Bringing unusual textural juxtaposing surfaces together such as the surfaces of the underground caverns of Cango Caves, South Africa to gather insight respecting sculpture, patio or bath design.
- Observing the stretched lighting in photographs taken in Fall of European balconies where beveled glass windows reflect both wrought iron railings and ornately carved marble cornices to inspire the combined use of stone, metal and glass in small intimate settings while using angled lighting for expressing creative SPACE.
Generating inspired SPACE is why the field of Redesign finesses, optimizes and reinvigorates existing environments. The design team at FINE DESIGN Staging & Redesign offers the unexpected, yet completely supported design transformations to uphold the integrity between function and style as well as any desired past, present or future characteristic and symbolism.
As one who witnesses that we face new frontiers from the boundary of what is familiar, safe and comfortable; it is also evident that we have evolved past prior rules and restrictions in the usage of color, appropriateness of patterns and exclusively the values of tradition. We finally embrace bold color, pattern and blend the untraditional with the traditional in order to create a “new” contemporary style.
SPACE itself provides the elements of surprise, drama and serenity.
Written by: Julie Jelsma, owner, FINE DESIGN Staging & Redesign.
Tags: Interior Design